Hi, I just became a mom so I’m taking a break….
The Global Lives Project is planning a shoot in Eastern Europe in the first quarter of 2009. We will be recording the life story and 24 hours in the life of an as-yet-to-be-selected Eastern European person. We are a nonprofit educational arts organization with more than 250 collaborators in 8 countries and we are looking for volunteers in Eastern Europe to participate in the project. While participation will not be remunerated, the project offers broad, worldwide exposure for collaborators’ work and the opportunity to be a part of a growing and dynamic collective of creative and socially-minded filmmakers. We specifically need the following types of people and organizations:
- Partner institutions in Eastern Europe – We are looking to partner with a university’s communications department, a museum, a video production studio, or any other cultural institution interested in being involved in the shoot from start to finish, and also with organizing an exhibition in the future.
- Eastern Europe Co-director/producer – Involved in subject selection process from the beginning, making preparations for shoot on the ground. Approximately 6-8 days total of time commitment including preparations and shoot. Also involved in post-production.
- Camera operator – Commitment for the day of the shoot only + transportation time. Works usually in 2-person teams for 8-hour shifts.
- Photographer – Day of shoot only + transport, 8 or 12-hour shifts.
- Production assistant (good position for a film student) – Providing support throughout selection process to the director/producers with preparations for shoot. Commitment to assist with post-production also helpful.
- Interpreter/translator – Needed for the day of the shoot as well as for pre- and post-production.
Follow this link to complete a volunteer form:
Follow this link to learn more:
12 Jan 2009 13:01