English, Russian, French
Mobile phone (while in Brooklyn, NY):
718 832 1242
over 7 years
24 Jun 2005 13:06
Producer - television, video, film, Internet
· Original documentaries broadcast on ABC, Channel 4 UK, France 2, 3, Emmy nomination
· Metromedia International, Cable TV Group, Moscow, Director Special Projects
· Streamedia Communications, Amsterdam & New York, Vice President, Europe
· CBS News, Associate Producer,
· WTN Worldwide Television News, Producer
- Line producer 6 feature films
- Employer, talent manager, budgets, accounting, contract negotiator
- Wide international experience. Knowledge of cultures and customs.
- Teacher – Digital Video, media
- Public speaker, colleges & universities in US and Europe
Producer-Director “Last Command: John Paul Jones in Russia: 1788-1789” Documentary in production
Producer-Director “In Harmony: Inclusion in Education” Documentary shown at national conferences
Vice President, Europe – Amsterdam, April – October 2000; New York October 2000 – February 2001
Streamedia Communications, Inc., 244 W.54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Hired to create a streaming “International Cultural Channel” on the Internet, acquired content, made alliances in Europe, later moved to New York office.
Director Special Projects, Cable Television Group, based in Moscow, Russia, March 1994- June 1999
Stamford, Connecticut, now Charlotte, North Carolina.
- General Director, "Digital Dubbing Services, Inc." large digital production studio in Moscow; power of attorney for Metromedia, head of Moscow office for 5 years. Managed 12 full-time staff, up to 20 artists daily.
- Negotiated contracts for carriage rights with Russian TV networks NTV, RTR, ORT, TV6, TV-Center, on Metromedia’s cable systems.
- "Nickelodeon" Created Russian children’s TV channel, Executive Producer dubbing 16 series.
- "Eurosport Russia" Created channel with Russian sports commentary, Executive Producer, satellite distribution, was No.1 or No.2 most popular channel in 15 cities.
- Supervised dubbing over 300 feature films for Metromedia’s movie channel
- "Travel Channel" Produced Russian subtitle version distributed by satellite.
- Programming Supervisor, "Metromedia Entertainment Network", Bucharest, Romania.
- Coordinator – Metromedia sponsored tours of Russia by the “Dave Brubeck Quartet” & “Jazz@Lincoln Center” with Wynton Marsalis
- New investment analysis: Evaluated cable TV firms, telecommunication projects, initial due diligence, financial assessment in Russia, CIS, Baltic countries.
Original programs produced for ABC’s KABC-Los Angeles, WABC-New York, FR3 France 3, Channel 4 UK, Emmy nomination in Los Angeles, other awards. Programs on New York’s WNET, Twin Cities Public TV, KNET San Francisco, Channel 4 UK, Antenne 2 France, WDR Germany, NHK Japan, MTV.
Video shows and lectures at colleges, schools, museums: California, New York, Colorado, Massachusetts, Washington, Alabama, Texas, West Virginia, Minnesota, Iowa; Germany, France, Belgium
“The House Under the Starry Sky” cult favorite directed by Sergei Solovyev, shot in New York; and
"Its Raining in Brighton Beach", a classic comedy about the Russian Mafia in Brooklyn, directed by Leonid Gaidai, which still airs repeatedly on Russian TV. 1988-1992
WTN, Worldwide Television News, producer, covered earthquakes in Spitak and Leninikan, Armenia; language upheavals in Lithuania and Estonia; Mikhail and Raisa Gorbachev take Manhattan
CBS NEWS, Associate Producer, Moscow, “CBS Evening News with Dan Rather”, “Sunday Morning”; covered the Reagan-Gorbachev Moscow Summit, the first Glasnost Party Congress, alternative artists “Afrika”, “Industrial Rock”, the “Mitki Movement”
Video Art Producer
The Kitchen, New York video, electronic arts theater, co-founder, co-director with Woody and Steina Vasulka and Shridhar Bapat. Active in "Video Art and "Alternative Media" movements in New York. Grants from the New York State Council on the Arts, National Endowment on the Arts and Rockefeller Foundation. Organized an International Computer Arts Festival, participant in New York Avant Garde Festival, with Charlotte Moorman and Nam June Paik
- City University of New York, BMCC course on Avid Xpress non-linear video editing
- Arthur Andersen, business accounting course held in Moscow offices
- City University of New York: Baccalaureate, dual major: cinema, Russian language
- VGIK Cinema Institute, Moscow, documentary film directing, under director Roman L Karmen, and
- Moscow State University, intensive Russian language, history, geography
- St. John’s College, Annapolis, MD, classical literature, mathematics, Ancient Greek
- Bronx High School of Science, Bronx, NY, advanced biology, journalism, calculus
Languages: English (native), Russian (fluent), French
Computer Use: Windows/Mac, MS Office, digital video, photography, streaming media
Citizenship: United States, New York City native