|You are not logged in. Click here to log in now. | Switch to our mobile site→||My Profile My Galleries My Networks|
Want to link to this gallery?
Jorge Luis Ãlvarez Pupo
Havana City, 1970. Lives and Works in SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil.
- Graduated photography at the International Institute for Journalism Â¨ JosÃ© MartÃ Â¨. Havana, Cuba
- MAINE PHOTOGRAPHIC WORKSHOP. Held in Cuba, Taught by some of the most important Photographers from U.S
- Photojournalism Workshops 2002, Americas House, sponsored by the British Council. Professor: Collin Jacobson, editor to Reportage.
Selected solo Exhibitions.
1999- Â¨ Havana with MusicÂ¨, JosÃ© MartÃ Library, Havana, Cuba.
2000- Â¨ RootsÂ¨, Africaâ€™s House, Havana, Cuba.
2001- Â¨ ReunionÂ¨, Africaâ€™s House, Havana, Cuba.
2002- â€œVivenciasâ€, Concha Ferrant Gallery, Cuba.
2002- â€œVisionsâ€, Fototeca de Cuba.
2003- Â¨7 days in ToulouseÂ¨, Toulouse Music Festival, France. (Main Artist)
2005-Â¨I was born kind of BluesÂ¨. Centre for the development of Visual Arts, Havana, Cuba.
2005- â€œ Invoke Ogounâ€. Pinacoteca do Estado de SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil.
Selected group Exhibitions.
2001- â€œA winter in Havanaâ€, â€œ Morro-CabaÃ±a Fortress Galleryâ€, Havana.
2002- â€œRitualsâ€. International Press Centre, Havana, Cuba.
2002- Â¨La photographie contemporaine Ã¡ CubaÂ¨, FNAC Etoile, Paris, France.
2002-2003: Â¨Cuba TodayÂ¨, Palm Beach Photographic Centre, Miami.
Â¨ Cuba TodayÂ¨ Cornell Museum of Art and History, Palm Beach. (Photofusion-2003)
2003- Â¨ the other side of the SoulÂ¨. Fototeca de Cuba.
2003- Â¨ La photographie contemporaine Ã¡ CubaÂ¨, FNAC Wilson, Toulouse, France.
2003- Â¨ ImÃ¡genes HavanaÂ¨, Centre for the development of Visual Arts, Cuba.
2003- Â¨ Diaspora CubaÂ¨, International Biennial for photography. Bamako, Mali (Special mention of the jury).
2003- Â¨ â€œPanorama of Cuban Photographyâ€ Â¨, National Arts Museum, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2003- Â¨ PulsionesÂ¨, JosÃ© MartÃ National Library, 8th Havana Biennial. Cuba.
2004- Â¨ Religions of CubaÂ¨, Patterson Museum, New Jersey, U.S.
2004- Â¨ Images entre Historie et PoÃ©sie Â¨. La collection photographique de la
FNAC . Conciergerie. Paris.
2004- Â¨ CrosscurrentsÂ¨, Refugium Gallery, Berlin. (European month of photography )
2005- Â¨El otro lado del almaÂ¨, Kornhausforum, Bern, Swizerland.
2005- Â¨ Diaspora CubaÂ¨, La Saline Royale, Paris, France
- Art FÃ³rum.
- Paris Photo Magazine.
- Photo Magazine, France.
-RÃ©zo Afrique magazine.
-Palm Beach Daily News.
- Photovision Magazine.
- Book Trance, Percevalpress. www.percevalpress.com ( included on the Top Ten list in an article on November issue of Art Forum magazine 2004).
- Book Mapas Abiertos: Contemporary Latin American Photography 1992-2002,Lunwerg Editions, Barcelona.
- Book El otro Lado del AlmaÂ¨, Oehrli editions, Suiza.
Special mention of the jury at the Vth International Biennial for photography. Bamako, Mali
Museum of Albertina, Austria; Govinda Gallery, Washington D.C. ; FNAC photographic collection, Paris. Another private collections from United States, Brazil, Austria, France, Italy .Jorge Luis Ãlvarez Pupo 's current location:
SÃ£o Paulo , Brazil ( GRU )
Play slideshow →