Born in a small city of Northern India, Kurukshetra, Poras Chaudhary is a freelance photojournalist and a documentary photographer. Ever since he was a child, Poras has been intrigued by the visually striking moments, may they be special for their color, composition or just the moment’s rarity in time. His passion for photography began in 2005 when he started looking for a good camera and came across the work of Magnum photographers. Poras is a completely self-taught photographer. He is best known for his color work and unique compositions.
Having started photography in mid-2005, He won a number of Internationally recognized awards including -
1. Winner of The Digital Camera Magazine’s “Photographer of the Year” award in 2006.
2. Merit award winner in National Geographic Traveler’s “World in Focus” photo contest, 2008.
3. Runner Up in “Epson Color Imaging Contest”, 2008.
4. “International Photography Awards” Nomination in 2009.
5. Winner of Homeland category in “Travel Photographer of the Year”, 2009.
6. Winner of Travel category in "Smithsonian Magazine’s Annual Photo Contest in 2010.
He is someone who strives for excellence in whatever he does (which reflects in his photography)…