Each year the Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships (AFPF) brings approximately ten mid-career reporters and editorsâ€”usually between the ages of 25 and 35â€”to America for a six-month, in-depth, practical introduction to the professional and ethical standards of the U.S. print media.
Criteria of Eligibility
Alfred Friendly established the following minimum criteria for Fellows:
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English as all activities are conducted in English;
- At least three years of professional experience as a journalist in the print media;
- Current employment as a journalist with an independent print media organization in the country of citizenship;
- Early to mid-career status;
- A demonstrated personal commitment to a career in journalism in the home country.
[a former member]
2009-06-10 16:29:56 UTC