Join ArtCorps and volunteer your creative talents to strengthen sustainable development in Central America in 2010. Through community arts projects, artists educate and inspire people to participate actively in improving the environmental, health, and social conditions in their communities. Every ArtCorps artist works directly with a local non-governmental organization that is an expert in its field. Artists strengthen dialogue between community members and the organization, improve community education and empower local leadership.
- Work as a volunteer and live in his or her host community from January 2010 through December 2010. Artists have the option to extend their stay for a second year if agreed upon by the host organization.
- Receive airfare, room and board, medical insurance and a small personal stipend.
- Receive training and technical assistance from ArtCorps staff in the region in order to integrate ArtCorps methodology into the host organization.
- Uphold the mission and values of ArtCorps as the sole ArtCorps artist in the host community.
- Communicate fluently in Spanish.
Apply now for opportunities in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras! For info and initial application, visit: http://www.artcorp.org/artist_placements.html. Full applications must be received by June 26, 2009. Contact Marta at email@example.com or +1 978-927-2404 x4 for more information.
[a former member]
2009-06-10 17:15:07 UTC
26 Jun 2009 00:06