35 and younger eligible
Atlas Corps Fellowship – US program
see also Columbia program:
India program in 2011:
Atlas Corps Fellowship Application (U.S.)
The Atlas Corps Fellowship Program strengthens leaders and organizations in the nonprofit sector through a 12 or 18 month international exchange for skilled, nonprofit professionals. Atlas Corps is helping to create a world where talented individuals and good ideas in the nonprofit sector cross borders to share best practices, learn new perspectives, and address the world’s most pressing social challenges. Applying to be an Atlas Corps Fellow is a competitive process, but one that provides for a fantastic educational opportunity.
Timeline: Spring Fellowship:
- Applications Accepted: August 15th – October 15th
- English Test and Interviews for Semi-Finalists: October 15th – December 15th
- Fellowship Start Date: March 1st
- Applications Accepted: February 15th – April 15th
- English Test and Interviews for Semi-Finalists: April 15th – May 15th
- Fellowship Start Date: September 1st
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English Proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- 35 or younger
- Applying to volunteer in a country other than where you are from
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month fellowship
1. Eligibility – Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements above can apply to become a Fellow.
2. Online Application – Download the application and fill in your responses. Once you have filled in all of the required information in the word document, please fill out the
online application. (Please note that you are unable to save your progress in the online application form so be sure to complete and save the word document with your answers just in case). We do NOT accept any applications in a Word Doc format but we encourage you to save this application for your records.
3. Essay Questions – Download the essay questions and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org at the same time as you submit your online application. We will not review your application until your essays are submitted.
4. Recommendations – Atlas Corps requires two (up to three) letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success as an Atlas Corps Fellow. In the online form please indicate who your recommenders will be. Download the recommendation form and send it to your recommender with the appropriate deadline. Applications without at least two recommendations will NOT be considered.
5. Review – Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including Atlas Corps staff and nonprofit sector, government, and business leaders from multiple countries.
6. Interviews – Phone interviews and English writing tests will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host organizations will make their final recommendations to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will notify the selected candidates in January for the Spring Fellowship and June for the Fall Fellowship.
7. Visa – After selected, the candidates will go to the U.S. Embassy in their respective countries for their J-1 / Special visa interviews. Once a candidate receives his/her visa, he or she will become an Atlas Corps Fellow!
2010-09-23 11:46:25 UTC