We are happy to announce the Call for Applications for the International Summer School of Photography (ISSP) in Latvia, on 4-12 August 2012!
Taking place annually since 2006, ISSP has established itself as an important non-commercial education and networking platform for emerging photographers in Latvia and internationally – our students and teachers come from over 25 countries, 5 continents.
In 2012, ISSP will again offer six advanced workshops by an excellent collection of masters, in combination with series of exciting evening photography talks and portfolio reviews. Each ISSP student will prepare a project for a final exhibition.
The ISSP 2012 workshops:
1. Arja Hyytiainen – Personal approach in photography: From diary to fiction;
2. Phillip Toledano – Yes, but what does it mean? Creating concepts, exploring ideas;
3. Jodi Bieber – Finding your photographic voice: Latvia contemporary;
4. Hellen van Meene – Portraits: A practical guide to the art of seeing;
5. Christian Caujolle – Editing workshop: The finishing touches;
6. Bas Vroege, Hans van der Meer – Middle Town: Picturing the Unspectacular (Part II*)
For the second year in a row, ISSP will take place in Pelči (Pelzen) castle, near the charming medieval town of Kuldīga in Western Latvia.
Photographers of all backgrounds with a keen interest in photographic practice are encouraged to apply! The working language of ISSP is English. 60 participants (10-12 per workshop) will be selected based on their applications and submitted portfolios.
The ISSP 2012 participation fee is 500 EUR, including accommodation, full board and local transport during the school. Qualified applicants from Latvia and the adjoining region can apply for a limited number of subsidized fee scholarships (260 EUR).
The application deadline is 8th May 2012. The results of the participants’ selection will be announced in the beginning of June.
For complete information on ISSP workshops and applications, see: WWW.ISSP.LV
Julija Berkovica, Managing director, ISSP
2012-04-04 11:00:54 UTC