Charter flights by a contractor firm called DFS flies directly from Dubai (DXB) to Kandahar Air Field – bypassing Afghan immigrations. Also service to Bagram.
We operate flights on Sundays and Wednesdays: Dubai – Kandahar â€“ Dubai.
Our flight departs Dubai International Airport at 09:00 local and will arrive in Kandahar at about 11.30 local. These times are subject to change, depending on the flight slots allocated to us the day before the flight. The check-in time is 2 hours before the flight, which departs from Terminal 2, Dubai International Airport. We will have personnel at the Terminal 2 to assist with the departure formalities.
The return flight will depart Kandahar at 15.30 local, again subject to change due to flight slots.
Flights depart from Kandahar at the TLS Terminal (military side) We also have an employee based in Kandahar to assist with the departure formalities there.
The fare is $600 per passenger one way, a return trip if paid by cash on arrival/before departure in Kandahar or by credit card (Visa/ MasterCard only) within 5 days of receiving the confirmation will be $1000). I have attached the credit card authorization form.
After 5 days the fare is $1200 and the same fare is applicable for wire transfer payments. An additional $25 should be added to wire transfers in order to cover bank charges and to ensure we receive the full $1200
For credit card payments
Â· please send us a copy of the front and back side of the credit card, as well as a photocopy of the cardholderâ€™s passport along with the form, otherwise the form will not be valid to be used for payment.
Â· Confirmation of the services requested will only be sent upon receiving this form and other documents requested
Â· This payment guarantee is irrevocable
Â· A 5% service charge to the quoted fare/price will be added to this payment
We access to a variety of aircraft, all of which are fully maintained, insured for Passengers and comply with the Regulations required by the Dept. of Civil Aviation in the UAE.
We can also assist with visas for those who need them for the UAE and Afghanistan. Our travel department can also assist with commercial tickets to/from Dubai as well as hotel accommodation in Dubai.
We have a procurement section that enables us to source, purchase and expedite items needed by our customers in a hurry or just to avoid the aggravation of doing this all by themselves. I have attached a company brochure which will give you a better insight into who we are and what we do.
I would need the attached Travel Request completed and returned in order to make a booking. Once received I will send you a flight confirmation which will act as your â€˜ticketâ€™ for the flight.
The following Travel Guidelines are applicable and are stipulated on the flight confirmation:-
Passengers transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Dubai International Airport
Â· Passengers with a UAE visa (or nationality not requiring a visa) must clear customs, collect checked in baggage and proceed to the Terminal 2 either by the arranged DCA free shuttle bus, or by cab/taxi in order to check in for the DFS flight.
Â· For passengers without UAE visas and not able to clear customs â€“ please go directly to the transfer counter and show the DFSME Flight Confirmation for the flight to Kandahar.
Airport staff will insist that passengers not able to clear customs and transferring between terminals as per normal procedure â€“ are to sign an indemnity form acknowledging that NO baggage will be transferred and that the passengers will continue their journey to Kandahar without their baggage. Failure to sign this form will result in the passenger being deported
Â· We suggest passengers allow for at least 6 hours between flights in order to ensure that connections are made.
1. IT IS THE PASSENGERS RESPONSIBILITY TO BE IN POSSESSION OF THE VALID TRAVEL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR HIS/HER DESTINATION
2. All reservations/bookings must be paid for in advance unless otherwise arranged with DFS Middle East (DFSME) senior management.
3. Cancellations within 24 hours will be billed at 50% of the applicable fare. No Shows will be billed at the full applicable fare.
4. Rebooking will be charged at $20 per date change
5. Excess baggage over the permitted 20 kgs per passenger will be charged at $2.00 per kg. An invoice will be sent for any payments outstanding.
6. Passengers carrying body armour: NOTE the UAE airport authorities will seize these items and issue you with a coupon. You will provide them with details of your outgoing flight (we suggest that you have an additional copy of your Flight Confirmation for this purpose). The airport police will then ensure that the items are delivered to the passenger prior to departure from Terminal 2.
7. It is your responsibility to advise DFSME of any change to your travel plans.
8. DFSME is not responsible for the delay or cancellation of a flight due to the Kandahar Airfield being closed by the Military.
Before departure all passengers are requested to sign a waiver and release form that is applicable to DFS as we are not the operator of the aircraft. This does not take away from the operatorâ€™s passenger insurance that is in place for all flights that are chartered by DFS. A copy of this form can be sent for your info if you so request before the flight
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please confirm receipt.
DFS Middle East
P.O Box 54505
Dubai Airport Freezone
Office: +971 4 2997556
Fax: +971 4 2997558
Mobile: +971 5 07191483
Office hours: SUNDAY â€“ THURSDAY
08:30 â€“ 17:30 (04:30 – 13:30 GMT)
- Rebooking fee to be charged at $20 per date change *
- Excess baggage over the permitted 20 kgs per passenger will be charged at $2.00 per kg *
at the full applicable fare *
- Cancellations within 24 hours will be billed at 50% of the applicable fare. No Shows will be billed
2009-04-26 16:28:41 UTC
Jul 11 2009