* My Profile My Galleries My Networks


Hi everybody!
I’ll be in China soon just for leisure. I will obviously take a couple of pictures here and there, but nothing related to photojournalism.
While reading about the places I will visit I found an interesting topic I would like to know more about. And I thought “Ehi, I should ask someone if they want to have a chat about it, and maybe take some pictures!”. Yes, but how? I thought to visit he various forums which can be found on the net and host people living in China. I thought to write some sort of “ad” to ask people if they want to collaborate with me.
But I don’t have a J-visa, and considered that I won’t be alone I don’t want to get into trouble.
What would you do? Do you think I can look on the internet for people who want to be interviewed?

by Alessandro at 2013-07-28 20:11:53 UTC | Bookmark | | Report spam→

Interview people about what ? If you mentioned the topic perhaps we could advise you more accurately.If its not related to photojournalism or overtly political then why would you have a problem? Even if it is you most likely will still be ok,within reason of course.There are plenty of photojournalists working here and most know the limits of what they can and cannot cover.We can only guess what you might be interested in covering, so near impossible to offer any advice without more info.PS: Even if you want a jurno visa,you will not get one ! They are something of a myth here,so unless you are being posted as a correspondent to China and are tied in with a big agency,I’de stick with the tourist visa.

by Phil Behan | 30 Jul 2013 15:07 (ed. Jul 30 2013) | Subashi, China | | Report spam→

Get notified when someone replies to this thread:
Feed-icon-10x10 via RSS
Icon_email via email
You can unsubscribe later.

More about sponsorship→


Alessandro , Alessandro
Beijing , China
Phil Behan, Photographer Phil Behan
Urumqi , China


Top↑ | RSS/XML | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | support@lightstalkers.org / ©2004-2015 November Eleven