We’ve got multiple job openings at Digital Railroad, a company servicing the photo industry with personal photo archives and digital workflow tools. We service some of the top photographers, agencies, contests and magazines, ranging from the VII agency to the FiftyCrows Foundation and individual photographers.
Photographer Support (based in New York)
We are seeking a dedicated, experienced individual to support photographers and photo agencies using our company’s proprietary online photo archive and workflow system. Additionally, this person will also regularly test the usability of the system and new features. This position requires an in-depth understanding of photographers’ workflow needs and strong familiarity with the photo industry as a whole.
1. Be a contributing member of a team that includes photographers, photo editors, Web developers and software engineers.
2. Act as a technical liaison to photographers.
3. Provide instruction to photographers and other creative professionals using our system.
4. Test the system to confirm bugs and identify problems in the user experience.
5. Communicate user needs and issues to the engineering team.
6. Assist in the development of online instructional demos, style guides, and help text.
7. Suggest feature needs and workflow improvements based on use of our system and client feedback.
1. At least four years experience in the photo industry.
2. Experience with digital cameras and workflow.
3. Ability to explain technical issues in a user-friendly manner.
4. Ability to work proficiently with multiple communication methods, such as email, phone, online message boards, instant messaging, customer support and online ticketing systems.
5. Experience with multiple desktop digital asset managers.
6. Daily online presence; flexibility to respond to support requests after normal business hours when necessary.
7. Experience with both Mac and PC operating systems.
8. Professional and friendly demeanor for client contact.
9. Excellent written and oral communication skills; teaching skills a plus.
10. Software: Photoshop and Microsoft Office. HTML skills highly desirable.
1. Experience with professional photography as a photographer, photo editor, or photography assistant.
2. Experience with Web design or software development.
3. Experience with software for managing client relationships.
Must be willing to start with a contract position. U.S. citizenship is a requirement. There is potential for this position to become full-time with benefits and stock options.
Please submit a resume with references to resumes (at) digitalrailroad.net.
[a former member]
2005-08-16 14:47:47 UTC
Mar 12 2008