* My Profile My Galleries My Networks


Need more information re: extending Visa/Stay in Kurdistan. i Understand this is done in Erbil after 15 day visa is granted on arrival.

I am Canadian.

Also, anyone with information or experience heading into SInjar?


by john d at 2012-12-17 16:54:34 UTC | Bookmark | | Report spam→

He John you mean Iraqi Kurdistan ? because Kurdistan can be In Turkey, Iran, Syria and in Iraq yes i know if you arrive at the airport of Erbil, Kirkuk or Mosul I have hear also you can cross the border from Silopi (Turkey) to Mosul (Iraq) is op but now is hard time during the winter.

by Robert Goddyn | 17 Dec 2012 19:12 | The Hague, Netherlands | | Report spam→
Hi John

It’s a 10-day visa-on-arrival, but I don’t think it applies for Canadian citizens, so you might have to get an Iraqi visa before travelling. Check these links:



For an extension you have to go to the Directorate of Residence in Erbil or Sulamaniyah.

hope that helps!


by Johann Brandstatter | 18 Dec 2012 19:12 | Sofia, Bulgaria | | Report spam→

Get notified when someone replies to this thread:
Feed-icon-10x10 via RSS
Icon_email via email
You can unsubscribe later.

More about sponsorship→


john d, retired hooligan john d
retired hooligan
(whats a tagline?)
Istanbul , Turkey
Robert Goddyn, Photographer Robert Goddyn
The Hague , Netherlands
Johann Brandstatter, Photojournalist Johann Brandstatter
Sofia , Bulgaria


Top↑ | RSS/XML | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | support@lightstalkers.org / ©2004-2015 November Eleven