Open Show is a free monthly social mixer and screening event of compelling work by photographers,filmmakers and multimedia producers in a high-profile space.
Five curated presenters (from students to professionals) have 10 minutes each to show their project and field audience questions and comments.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Open Show is a free monthly event that provides photographers, filmmakers and multimedia producers
the chance to present their work in high-profile spaces.
OPEN SHOW FORMAT
Up to Five curated presenters have 10 minutes each to introduce one project. Both ongoing and completed
work is accepted. We welcome diverse topics ranging from documentary to fine art.
SHOW: October 21th (Thursday) 7h30-9h30pm
Translight Photography Center (adjacent to downtown Los Angeles at The Brewery)
618 Moulton Ave Ste#E
Los Angeles, CA 90031
DEADLINE: October 14th
DIGITAL IMAGES SUBMISSIONS
1) Up to 20 images on a single narrative topic or visual theme (note this is NOT a portfolio review!).
2) File format: full-frame image 1500 pixels on the longest side (square images should be 1500×1500
pixels), 300 DPI and JPEG format.
3) NO text on images, watermarks, masking, or borders.
4) Upload files via our online submission system: http://openshow.org/?page_id=18
1) Running time must be between 4-7 minutes.
2) Audio should be complimentary (ambient recording, interview, etc.). Anything NOT recorded by the
presenter must be properly licensed.34) If your work is accepted we will require a higher resolution
4) Send a link to your project via our online submission system
5) If your project is selected we will need a Quicktime (.MOV) files formatted at exactly 1024 × 768 pixels
exported using the H.264 Codec and a maximum of 250 MB. MOV files can be created using Final Cut
Pro, iMovie and most standard video editing software packages. We cannot accept Soundslides files,
flash files or other formats.
● You MUST be present at Open Show for your work to be shown, so please keep your schedule free for the show date.
● You will need TO SPEAK ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR WORK
1) Quick bio ./ Where do you come from/live? Current job?
2) Background. How did you get into Photography?
3) Project genesis. What sparked this story or visual theme?
4) Your goals. What do you want to get out of tonight? Feedback on something particular?
5) Next steps. What will you do with it? How do you plan to distribute?
● This is an INTERACTIVE salon, pause to give audience members a chance to ask questions or comment!
● Our event team creates all title slides and NO explanatory text slides are allowed.
● Open Show will notify artists the week of the show to announce who will be presenting.
2010-09-25 05:52:59 UTC