Tadamon! Solidarity Night.
A cultural benefit event for Tadamon! Montreal.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th, 8pm.
La Sala Rossa
4848 St. Laurent
> Montreal Launch of the film ‘Roads Through Palestine’:
Screening / Launch of a film by Brett Story, with a piano score composed by Stefan Christoff. A cinematic journey through the roads of occupation and resistance in the West Bank of Palestine.
> Including performances from…
- La Banda de Gaza: Ensemble of six musicians including violin, double-bass, percussion, guitar, key-boards and accordion. Front-lined by Iqi Balam who brings biting, politically charged lyrics to the group’s electricity of musical rhythms from Latin America, African percussion & modern beats. http://labandadegaza.sbqc.org/
- Mohamed Mehdi: A solo performance from singer / songwriter / poet of the Kalmunity Vibe Collective.
- Hassan el-Hadi: A solo performance from Hassan el-Hadi, an accomplished composer, songwriter and singer, as well as an impressive Oud player. Originally from Marrakesh, Morocco, where diverse musical & cultural traditions merge, el-Hadi’s performance will draw inspiration from traditional Lebanese songs and include multiple local musicians rooted in both Jazz and Middle Eastern musical traditions. http://hassanelhadi.net
- DJ Leila P: A live performance bringing you beats from Asia and the Middle East for the evening.
This event will benefit Tadamon! Montreal’s ongoing work and campaign directed at building solidarity between movements for social & economic justice from Montreal to the Middle East. Tadamon!’s ongoing political campaigns operating in Canada, including the campaign for Boycott, Sanctions & Divestment of the apartheid Israeli state & the campaign to challenge the listing of Hezbollah as a terrorist organization by the Canadian government.
- Tadamon!: De-listing Hezbollah
- Tadamon!: Boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israeli apartheid
http://tadamon.resist.ca / 514 664 1036 / tadamon[at]resist.ca
2007-09-02 20:11:01 UTC
Sep 17 2007