I am the photo editor for Middle East Report, a quarterly magazine published by a small non-profit, non-governmental organization. (see us here: www.merip.org)
Below is a list of topics I am looking for. Please contact me if you are interested in submitting photos. We pay $100 for one-time only use inside the magazine at any size (usually 1/2 page) and possible use in the same context online.
My deadline is Friday, May 14. Please send low-res samples by email or direct me to a website.
Thanks for your good work!
Michelle Woodward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Iraq and Afghanistan:
- soldiers handing out soccer balls and American cultural items (video games?)
- soldiers making “Arabic” hand signals (like “slow down”)
- US military courses on how to interact with Iraqis or Afghanis
- soldiers trying Iraqi or Afghani food (or smoking water pipes)
- March elections in Iraq
- must’arabeen (Israeli units who dress up as Arabs and speak Arabic to infiltrate Palestinian society)
- Undercover Israeli police in Palestinian demos
- teacher protests for living wage
- overcrowded and disorderly classrooms
- private tutoring
- “investment schools” (schools run by businesses for profit) that have popped up in new cities like New Cairo and 6th of October City
- BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) activists at Berkeley
Michelle L. Woodward
2010-05-10 19:25:24 UTC