Part-Time Photography Instructor
SOLANO COMMUNITY COLLEGE invites applications of interested and qualified instructors to teach during 2007-08 semester. For your information, the District may cancel classes or change instructors as enrollment needs are determined. If this occurs, the District will notify affected parties and pay employees for actual services rendered. Part-Time/Adjunct faculty are paid for classroom instruction hours (lecture and lab) only. Office hours are available to adjunct faculty in fall and spring semesters who teach a 40% assignment or more.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s in photography, fine arts, or art OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in art history or humanities OR the equivalent. OR possess a valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing service in the discipline (please note that issuance of CC Credentials was discontinued in July of 1990; they are no longer available); OR the equivalent.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly as stated above, you must request an equivalency review and submit conclusive supporting documents at the time of application. Equivalency is defined as possessing the general education for the degree and the major coursework for the degree. The equivalency request form is included in the application.
NOTE: All degrees must be from accredited institutions.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ ABILITIES: Knowledge of teaching; multiple teaching methods which include critical thinking and problem solving strategies; and college academic requirements and standards.
Candidates must possess: a commitment to encouragement of learning and an enthusiastic attitude toward teaching; sensitivity to teach students from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds who may have wide ranges of abilities, including the disabled.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The SCC photography program embraces applied and fine art photography. Our instructors provide instruction in: digital and analogue (film based) photography; printing in the darkroom and in a digital photo lab using Adobe Photoshop; and in the use of photographic equipment (including strobe and continuous lighting) in a studio setting as well as on location.
Instructors must also provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations; inform students about course requirements; prepare and grade assignments and examinations; meet administrative timelines and submit completed and required documents and reports; and maintain required student attendance and scholastic records.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: To ensure consistency and fairness to all candidates, do not submit materials other than those requested.
1. A completed Solano Community College Academic Application.
2. A letter of application addressing the knowledge, skills, and abilities outlined in the announcement.
3. A professional resume.
4. Legible copies of college transcripts for Bachelor’s, Master’s and advanced degrees. Submit a copy of the diploma in addition to the transcripts if the degree award date is not posted. If submitting transcripts from foreign countries to meet minimum qualifications, it is recommended that certification be included that provides equivalency to United States degree standards. A listing of transcript services is available upon request.
5. If applicable, Equivalency Request Form and conclusive evidence.
6. If applicable, a copy of your valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing service in the discipline.
1. Applicant Notification Form.
2. Statistical Information Questionnaire. Information to be kept confidentially in Human Resources.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM ENTRY SALARY: $44.23 per hour is based on a non Master’s Degree and no teaching experience; $72.39 per hour is based on a doctorate and verified teaching experience up to the equivalent of four (4) years. For current salary schedule information: http://www.solano.edu/human_resources/salary_info.html
- Submission of the application documents to the Human Resources Department by the deadline is the applicant’s responsibility. Postmarks are not accepted.
- Application materials will not be sent to candidates nor received by Human Resources via FAX.
- All materials in your file become District property, will not be returned, and will be considered for this vacancy only.
- Only timely and complete application materials will receive consideration.
- Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. It is, therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed.
- Oral interviews will be conducted which may include other performance indicators.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Visit our web site at www.solano.edu and download our application and announcement or contact Human Resources by email at HR@solano.edu or by telephone at 707/864-7129. Human Resources hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Applicants needing assistance in the recruitment process due to a disability should submit a written request with the application documents.
SOLANO COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
2008-03-16 03:13:24 UTC