Photojournalism Contests, Grants, Prize Deadlines
*World Press Photo Deadline: January 13 Web site: www.worldpressphoto.nl
*Pictures of the Year International (POYi) and Best Of Photography (BOP) POYi Deadline: January 18 POYi Web site: www.poyi.org BoP
*Web site: http://www.nppa.org/competitions/ best_of_still_photojournalism/2005/
*The Pulitzer Prizes Deadline: February 1, 2005 Entry Fee: $50 Web site: www.pulitzer.org
*W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund Deadline: July 15 Web site: http://www.smithfund.org
*The Eyes Of History Deadline: January 26 Web site: www.whnpa.org
Overseas Press Club Awards Deadline: January 27 Entry Fee: $125 Web site: http://www.opcofamerica.org/ opc_awards/awards.php Scripps
Howard National Journalism Awards Deadline: January 31 Entry fee: $50 Contact: Patty Cottingham at (800) 888-3000 Web site: www.scripps.com/foundation
*CARE International Award For Humanitarian Reportage Web site: www.care.org
*Oscar Barnack Prize Deadline: January 31 Web site: http://www.leicacamera.com/ kultur/events/wettbewerbe/index_e.html
Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award Entry Fee: $20 Tel: 202.463.7575 x225 Address:
RFK Journalism Award Committee, 1367 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 200 Washington, DC 20036.
PDN Photo Annual Deadline: February 15 Web site: http://www.pdnonline.com/contests
The Art Directors Club Deadline for submissions is January 21 for professionals or January 28 for student categories. Call (212) 643-1440, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.adcglobal.org for more info.
*The ADDY Awards Contact Gail Bozeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Web site at www.aaf.org
*The International Photography Awards conducts two parallel competitions each year—one for professional photographers and one for amateurs. Deadline for the 2005 competition is May 31. Web site: www.photoawards.com
- The Alicia Patterson Foundation’s Fellowship Program for Journalists awards one-year grants to working journalists to pursue independent projects of significant interest. Web site: www.aliciapatterson.org
- The Alexia Foundation awards grants to professionals and scholarships to students photographers to help them complete documentary work that promotes world peace and cultural understanding. Web site: www.alexiafoundation.org
- The NPPA/Nikon Sabbatical Grant enables a working photojournalist to take a three-month leave of absence to pursue a documentary project illuminating "The Changing Face of America." Deadline is December 27, 2004. Web site: http://www.nppa.org/ competitions/nikon_documentary_sabbatical/info.html
- The Dorothea Lange/Paul Taylor Prize, administered by the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University Web site: http://cds.aas.duke.edu/grants/
- The Santa Fe Prize For Photography, Web site: www.santafecenterforphotography.org
- Deutsche Borse Photography Prize—formerly the Citigroup Photography Prize—is organized by the Photographers’ Gallery in London. Web site: http://www.photonet.org.uk/ programme/citibank.html
*China International Press Photo Contest, www.chipp.cn/emain.asp
- The Golden Light Awards, which generally begin taking entries in the fall, are aimed at emerging photographers. Entry fees are $45. For more information visit www.GoldenLightAwards.org
[a former member]
2005-04-25 19:34:21 UTC
Mar 12 2008
Thanks for doing this.
This is something I will keep a reference of.
Living as I do in India, am truely grateful for this list.
Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you.
Get notified when someone replies to this thread:
You can unsubscribe later.