Popview + Lex van Rossen Award
The Lex van Rossen Award is an annual prize to encourage young European music photographers. The prize is awarded during the Eurosonic Noorderslag festival in Groningen, The Netherlands.
The award is named after the famous Dutch music photographer Lex van Rossen, who unfortunately died at the age of 57 in February 2007. Lex was working for magazines and newspapers like OOR, NRC Handelsblad and Haarlems Dagblad. He is considered to be one of the leading Dutch music photographers. In January 2008 jury chairman Frans Vreeke (at that time producer of the Eurosonic Noorderslag festival) gave the first edition of the award to Dutch music photographer Annie Hoogendoorn. She received 2500 euro’s as an additional encouragement.
Her photo’s and those of six other nominees (for more information; check ‘Edition 2008’) were exhibited at The Oosterpoort, Groningen and at De Melkweg Photo Gallery, Amsterdam.
With this exhibition and award, the Popview organisation is trying to provide a stimulus for young, European music photographers.
At the moment, we are already busy preparing Popview 2011. Therefor, we are again looking for young musicphotographers. Are you born after the 14th of January 1976, then you can send in 15 photos, a resume and a motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org (until the 1st of October 2010). No costs charged.
The photographers that are nominated for the award, will be made public soon afterwards via this site.
Photographers that are selected for the Popview 2011 exhibition (starting somewhere around the 14th of january 2011, Noorderlicht, Groningen, Holland), will automatically be nominated for the Lex van Rossen Award 2011, which will be handed out to the winner at the Eurosonic Noorderslag 2011 festival in Groningen (Holland).
1. Participants must be younger than 35 years of age. Their date of birth must be after the 14th of Janurary 1976.
2. Participants must have the European identity.
3. Pictures must be send in JPEG-format (700X500 pixels)
4. Participants should send in 15 pictures (coulor and/or black-white).Entries with less than 15 pictures or pictures which do not meet with the demands (digital, JPEG, 700×500 pixels per photo) will not be part of the competition
5. The participant should add a complete résumé and a short biography in which his/her working method is clarified. This supplement has to proof that the participant has had work published in newspapers, magazines and/or on websites.
6. Pictures should be send in the original formats, not in the way they have appeared in a magazine or other medium.
7. Participants of the last edition(s) are welcome to participate in this competition as well.
8. If the participant does not satisfy with the demands, he or she will be excluded from the competition. Therefore the participant should check the entry and attachments.
9. There will be no correspondence about the results.
10. The photographer will keep the intellectual property rights of his work. Popview preserves the right to use pictures of applications for publicitary purposes.
11. Participants should have the copyrights on all admitted pictures. Popview cannot be held responsible for any infringements on copyright by third parties. It is not allowed to use stock pictures.
12. Infringements caused upon third parties by use, reproduction and publication of the photos are the responsibility of the applicants.
13. Participants should be aware that Popview cant be held responsible for infringements concerning people portrayed on the pictures. Participants declare that Popview is not to be held responsible for any claims by third parties concerning these rights.
If you’ll need more information, you can contact us at: email@example.com
2010-08-05 19:08:10 UTC