Rodale Inc. is currently seeking a Photo Director for their Prevention magazine, located in New York City.
- Responsibilities include: Conceptualizing photo treatments with designers and editors to illustrate stories in all sections of the magazine.
- Assigning photographers for all sections of the magazine. This requires knowledge of all areas of photography including lifestyle, conceptual, still life, portrait, fashion.
- Producing photo shoots: hiring talent, securing locations and permits, orchestrating shoot logistics, and all aspects of production.
- Attending key shoots to ensure the magazineâ€™s vision is carried out. (some travel involved)
- Identifying photographers that should be working for the magazine
- Hiring and overseeing freelance photo-researchers.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- BA Photography
- 5 – 10 years photo editing experience in a corporate setting including outside talent contracting, basic negotiations with photographers, stock houses, authors, model agencies, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of commercial photography industry and publishing. Working knowledge of basic digital print production also required. Strong demonstrated sense of design in all applications of the photographic image, including non-print.
- Commitment to high quality work
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & meet deadlines
Apply online at www.rodale.com
No Phone Calls
[a former member]
2007-02-02 17:09:33 UTC
Feb 2 2007