SAJA, the South Asian Journalists Association, presents a conversation 12 hours
after President Obama announced the death of Osama Bin Laden.
Join SAJA for a webcast with experts, including:
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (@sharmeenochinoy), Emmy-winning investigative
documentary filmmaker who has worked in Afghanistan and Pakistan for
more than a decade (“Children of Taliban” and more) and SAJA member,
calling from Karachi.
- Omar Waraich (@OmarWaraich), Time correspondent in Islamabad.
Other speakers being confirmed.
Topics we will discuss – we’ll be taking your questions, too:
- The details of the US operation, including the reaction in Pakistan and
- What’s next for US military operations in AfPak?
- What this means for US relations with the region.
And much, much more.
==> VIA COMPUTER: Listen live or later to a recording at
http://bit.ly/afterosama (you can set an e-mail reminder for yourself at that
==> VIA PHONE: +1-347-324-5991 (you can call this NYC number by phone or
Skype to listen or ask questions)
Or send your questions in advance via e-mail: saja at columbia.edu or via
Twitter – @sajaHQ * follow the – hashtag #sajaosama
- Prof. Sree Sreenivasan (
sree) of Columbia Journalism School (columbiajourn)
and SAJA co-founder
- Ismat Mangla (@ismat), writer for Money magazine and SAJA Board member
- Annie Khan (@anniealikhan), Pakistani journalist at Columbia Journalism
SAMPLE TWEET: After Osama – @sajaHQ live webcast/phonecast w/experts in Pak,
noon ET (9 pm in Pak): http://bit.ly/afterosama #sajaosama
TIP: If you’d like to get an automagic email an hour ahead of every SAJA
webcast, just create a free account at http://blogtalkradio.com/saja and
hit “follow” or “fav”…
2011-05-02 14:47:37 UTC