Welcome to EXPERTS Project Website!
EXPERTS I and its successor, EXPERTS II are scholarship projects funded by the European Commission targeted at citizens of Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
In accordance with the EMA2 call, the objective of the EXPERTS project is to facilitate collaborations between Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) from South and Southeast Asia (SSEA) and EU through the exchange of information in science and policy issues while sharing key issues of sustainable development in academic cooperation.
The project provides the following mobility scholarships from South and South-East Asia to European partner universities (Please note- there are no scholarships from EU to SSEA)-
• Undergraduate and graduate students
• PhD students
• Staff (both academic and administrative)
The EXPERTS aims to establish an innovative framework for capacity development of junior faculty staff, undergraduates, postgraduates, and postdoc researchers through training and upgrading their skills in specified fields of study through a scheme of structured mobility.
• EXPERTS I: The selection process for EXPERTS I is now finalised and CLOSED, and no more applications will be accepted within EXPERTS I.
• EXPERTS II: EXPERTS II is the successor of EXPERTS I and the selection process will BEGIN in 2012. For details on the project please refer to EXPERTS II.
▪ In order to be an elegible candidate, you must have not resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.
▪ No student, and no academic staff member can benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
▪ There are no mobility flows for students and academic staff between institutions in SSEA countries of the partnership. Mobility is only from SSEA countries to Europe.
The deadline for applications is
16:00 CET on 10 February 2012
The main objectives of the project are:
• To enhance the international cooperation capacity of the participating institutions from SSEA by transferring and sharing know-how and best practices, administrative capacities, and training the next generation of researchers and academic staff,
• To exchange ideas, views and knowledge among the partners from both SSEA and EU thus creating opportunities for enhanced communication, collaboration, cultural awareness, and understanding the roles of HEIs,
• To promote EU Higher Education Systems in the participating third countries, in particular to enhance the attractiveness of European higher education in the region,
• To promote cooperation between sending and hosting institutions- with the goal to increase the compatibility of Higher Education Systems in the EU and Asia and their joint efforts in partnership by facilitating transfer of know-how and good practices,
▪ planning of sustainable cooperation,
▪ organization of annual consortium meetings,
▪ training in emerging practices and methodologies in research and teaching,
▪ preparation of information and dissemination events,
▪ preparation of dissemination materials (leaflets, publications, etc),
▪ development of a website,
▪ Implementation of an extensive partnership agreement with equal rights and obligations for all partners
▪ development of internal quality tools based on evaluation reports and other indicators.
▪ at content level, special emphasis in the EXPERTS project is given to research and cooperation and to the development of collaborative research initiatives and business opportunities through joint research initiatives in the priority field areas for Lot 11 with special emphasis on engineering and technology, agricultural sciences, environmental studies, business-management and social sciences.
In the long run joint study programs shall be developed and implemented. At PhD and postdoc level priority will be given to the joint development of innovative and high quality research proposals relevant to the region. Half of academic mobilities will be given to staff from international relations offices to train them in internationalization.
2012-01-03 22:04:45 UTC
10 Feb 2012 00:02