* My Profile My Galleries My Networks

Vietnam/ Thai model release?

Hello, I’m currently in Cambodia and traveling to Vietnam and then back to Thailand. I have only english model release and have not had any problems getting it translated by my fixer for the people I meet. But I would feel more comfotable if I had  release in the persons respected language. I’m looking more for a stock image release. Please e-mail me at mwv115@verizon.net if you have any links or ideas.
Thank you

by Mark Von Holden at 2006-01-15 03:56:53 UTC (ed. Mar 12 2008 ) Brooklyn , United States | Bookmark | | Report spam→

If you get someone at a travel agent to write it down in the local lingo, they can run off some photocopies for you- should do the trick. Don’t count on everyone being literate. Thailand is quite developed, but on numerous occasions people have been unable to write me their own address to maintain contact. Have a good trip and give us a bell when you’re back through Bangkok. Cheers, J

by [former member] | 15 Jan 2006 06:01 | Chiang Mai, Thailand | | Report spam→
Thank James I will definitley give you a call at the end of the month when I’m back in Bangkok. I am in Saigon now until the 30th. thank you for the info.

by Mark Von Holden | 16 Jan 2006 11:01 | Brooklyn, United States | | Report spam→
Dear Mark,

Were you ever able to find a release in Thai? If so, could you let me know where??

I’m encountering a similar issue!

Carey Denniston

by [former member] | 22 Sep 2006 22:09 | Brooklyn, United States | | Report spam→
Sorry, i ended up bringing having a guide which explained to the people that I photographed what I was doing and what they were signing. They really didn’t care which way but I think for legal purposes no commercial agency will touch them. could be wrong…
but they were a very simple release in english…
I think what the above person says could work out well. Just pay someone like 10 dollars to do a good translation.
you ahve to trust that there know what there doing…
good luck

by Mark Von Holden | 22 Sep 2006 23:09 | Brooklyn, United States | | Report spam→
In order for the document to be legal in Thailand it needs to be in Thai, not English. So at least in theory you should be giving them a copy in Thai and your agency a copy in English and in Thai.

by Scott Mallon | 22 Sep 2006 23:09 | Bangkok, Thailand | | Report spam→

Get notified when someone replies to this thread:
Feed-icon-10x10 via RSS
Icon_email via email
You can unsubscribe later.

More about sponsorship→


Mark Von Holden, Photographer Mark Von Holden
Brooklyn , United States
Scott Mallon, Photographer / Writer Scott Mallon
Photographer / Writer
(I push buttons and turn knobs)
Bangkok , Thailand ( BKK )


Top↑ | RSS/XML | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | support@lightstalkers.org / ©2004-2015 November Eleven