I am a freelance multi-media journalist with a varied background of international reporting…
- Currently full time staff at BBC Business and Economics Unit, London, producing TV and radio news for Radio4, Radio5, The World Serivce and BBC Television.
- Chief reporter on The Pavement, free newspaper distributed to 4000 rough-sleepers in Britain’s capital, interviewing marginalised individuals, senior politicians and NGOs.
- Awarded Commonwealth Broadcasting Association Bursary to make a series of short documentaries in India from January-March 2008 on a range of social subjects.
- Twice travelled to Kampala, Uganda to work with Nation media in print, radio and television in 2005 and 2007.
- Entered paid journalism with the Financial Times Group in London.
- Spent two months working for English-language newspaper, Honduras This Week in Central America in 2003.
- Have had written features published in The New Internationalist and The Big Issue, and my work has twice been shortlised for national awards.