- b. 1973 Bangor, Maine.
- Graduate 1995, Oberlin College, English Literature.
- 1995-96 – Portland, Maine;
- 1996 – San Francisco;
- 1997-2004 – New York City.
- Labs – Portland, SF, and New York City;
- Lab break: 1997 as Production Manager at Manhattan documentary studio. 2000 go freelance editorial, documentary, independently produced reportage of urban Brooklyn communities and lifestyle with wealthy, commercial and media clients mixed between.
- Currently writing and more documentary from post-Katrina New Orleans, Veterans for Peace, Sos Katrina crews. Reside in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Travels in Eastern Europe. Looking for relocate 2006 to Europe for commercial, reportage, travel writing if gigs show.
- Full disclosure at www.tobinrussell.com –
- galleries currently at www.stealthisdesign.org.
- Contributing editor to Urban Planning magazine, US – The Next American City – www.americancity.org
- Genres/focus – economic as determination of life outcome, race in America, staged stock photography, meticulous writing, ‘the revolution of the everyday’ as Clamor Magazine puts it.
- Other favorite pubs: Stay Free Magazine in Brooklyn, Harper’s, The New Yorker, DoubleTake, and anything that has reportage in it that you recommend. I do enjoy Newsweek’s work frequently.
- Favorite website – BBC News
I’m a former New Yorker shooting a job on Friday, Sept 4. There are multiple locations in Brooklyn and a reception site in Long Island. I am looking for someone good with New York City drive logistics. This is even more important than babysitting the photographer.
24 Aug 2009 21:08